Wednesday, January 4, 2017

My 2017 Prayer



I pray to be neither a perpetrator nor a victim but a forgiver. 
There’s power and growth in forgiveness. 
I pray for the grace to humble myself and let Him hear my heart cry. 
To fall to my knees and choose to let Him help me forgive. 
I pray for the ability to bear my cross by owning the way something or someone made me feel. 
There’s freedom in, instead of trying to overcome the pain, submitting to it, realizing it pained me for a reason, and then releasing the negative energy I’ve harbored as a result of that pain. 
More than that, making the intentional choice to do doing something for myself, not for the sake of anyone else, is a pure and truthful act that further sanctifies the relationship I have with myself.  




Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who’ve trespassed against us.

No comments:

Post a Comment