Thursday, January 22, 2015

As Featured on 'I am her' tribe




I clung tooth and nail to a relationship that grew to be unfit for me; trying to fit inside an impossibly small box of unrealistic expectations. At that point in life I was lost; truth eluded me. Through a series of events I garnished the gumption to finally walk away. What followed was a time of pain caused by growth that led me to discover the duality of my nature.


I'm complicated and over-analytical / I'm laid back and easy going. I'm deeply empathetic / I'm one step removed. I keep my circle small / I appreciate what people from all walks of life bring to the table. I long to make others feel comfortable / I'm hard to get to know. I'm fiercely independent / I strongly desire the comforts of home, family, and old friends. I give the benefit of the doubt / I'm slow to trust. I am light / I am dark. I am good natured / I have a mischievous streak. Some days I wake up feeling like I could conquer the world / Others I wake with tears in my eyes.
I don't know where I'll be years down the road; I do know this: it's okay to not know. It's okay to not white knuckle it. It feels good to let go of the comfortable and be scared out of your mind. It's intoxicating to take life back into your own hands; to be high off life of your own volition.


You owe others no explanation of why they no longer serve you, so long as you walk away gracefully. What's not okay is confining your love to an undeserving few / There's no nobility in masking your inner potential to satisfy those who are determined to stifle your growth. It's also not okay to use others as a quick remedy to your loneliness / Real joy is learning your unique definition of love which was engrained into your soul by your Maker, back when body was just a meditation and before ego told you that you weren't good enough.


I am raw. I am real. I am tried. I am true. I'm a dynamism that has no business being contained, labeled, or made small.



No comments:

Post a Comment